A model portfolio photography shoot is for models who want to update an old portfolio or for aspiring models who want to build a modelling portfolio. If you are thinking about modelling and want to learn posing and gain experience in front of the camera a portfolio shoot is ideal. We’ll have fun, have a laugh and a chat and we’ll create gorgeous images at the same time.
Who says you have to be a model to experience what it is like? I’ve heard from many parents whose teenage daughters would love to feel like a model for a day, even though they don’t intend becoming a model. The model portfolio photography experience is perfect for them – it is the ultimate makeover photo shoot for teens.
For models who want to be taken seriously and get the work, it is essential you have a professional portfolio showing your modelling skills and versatility. Your modelling portfolio must contain images depicting the type of modelling work you want to do. When you book me we’ll have a chat about the look you want to project and I’ll design a shoot specifically to suit you.
A beginner model needs 5 – 12 stand out images to start a portfolio. A professional working model is expected to have 20 – 25 stand out images in their portfolio. Quality is more important than quantity and variety is essential.
How does a model portfolio photo shoot work?
Your model portfolio shoot will be designed around the type of modelling work you would like to do. The styles I shoot on location are commercial, editorial and fashion.
Here’s what you get with your model portfolio photography experience:
- Initial styling consultation to plan your shoot – the look you want, what you’ll wear and the locations we’ll use.
- Hints and tips sent to you to help you prepare and make the most of your model portfolio shoot.
- A fun portfolio photo shoot designed to show off your modelling skills.
- As much or as little posing guidance as you want.
- Meticulous post production editing of images with a small amount of “digital polishing” to remove any blemishes if needed.
- A contact sheet up up to 120 of the best images emailed to you the day after your portfolio shoot to select your favourites.
- 2 versions of your chosen digital images emailed to you – for printing and social media.
- An awesome professional modelling portfolio!
Payment of £100 is required to book your portfolio photography shoot, with the remainder due on the day of your shoot.
Get in touch to find out more about model portfolio photography and to start putting your portfolio together.